The main factors affecting the adsorption performance of activated alumina
Activated alumina is a white spherical substance, made by a special process, with a unique skeleton structure, this product is X-ρ type activated alumina desiccant, the appearance is white pellets, the pores are evenly distributed, the ability to adsorb water is strong, and stability Good, mainly used in the drying of gas and liquid phases in petroleum, chemical, metallurgy, electronics and other industries, such as air, oxygen, nitrogen, ethylene, propylene, etc.; it can also be widely used as a catalyst and catalyst carrier.
The main factors affecting the adsorption performance of activated alumina:
1. Particle size: The smaller the particle size, the higher the adsorption capacity, but the smaller the particle size, the lower the particle strength, which affects its service life.
2. PH value of raw water: When the PH value is greater than 5, the lower the PH value, the higher the adsorption capacity of activated alumina.
3. Initial fluorine concentration of raw water: The higher the initial fluorine concentration, the larger the adsorption capacity.
4. Alkalinity of raw water: the concentration of bicarbonate in raw water is high, the adsorption capacity will be reduced.
5. Chloride ion and sulfate ion.
6. The effect of arsenic: Activated alumina has an adsorption effect on arsenic in water. The accumulation of arsenic on activated alumina causes a decrease in the adsorption capacity of fluoride ions, and makes it difficult to elute arsenic ions during regeneration.